Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas wreath - A quick and easy DIY

With so many projects on the go this winter, I didn't want to spend much time creating a complicated and time consuming holiday wreath. Normally, I would go for a more traditional look but after a bit of inspirational research, I opted for a simple and modern arrangement.

I didn't tell Misha the look I was going for as I wanted to surprise him with the wreath. I gathered everything I needed for the project. I sifted through our basement for the grape vine wreath we picked up a while back at Michael's....


... some colourful glass ornaments, a ribbon and a wire.


I cut a long piece of wire and began gathering the Christmas ornaments on the wire, one-by-one.


I mixed and matched the sizes and colours. I used up the ornaments we had left over from last year, which were predominantly red. You can go for more colours is you wish; that would look great as well.


Once I used up all the ornaments and was happy with the arrangement, I tied each end of the wire to the wreath. It took me about 15 minutes to do and the wreath was ready.


I used the red ribbon to tie the wreath to our front door.



When I showed it to Misha, the look on his face was priceless. He LOVED it! He actually said "I can't believe what a Martha Stewart you are".  I think that was a bit of an exaggeration but it was still nice to see him excited.


The wreath takes on a new life in the evening when the ornaments become illuminated by the light from the lantern.



Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Mia


No comments:

Post a Comment